2D into 3D CAD Conversion
Quattro Design input existing hand-drawn plans into their CAD system allowing convenient storage, enhancement and modification. We can provide a quotation to convert your complete library of parts if required.
You can either provide us with your original drawings or scan them and forward the images by e-mail. We will then manually convert the paper or image into an accurate, fully structured CAD or PDF file of the highest quality.
Why would a 2D to 3D CAD Conversion be required?
There can be several reasons for this demand such as:
• Updating existing stock drawings into a modern 3D format
• Create a 3D Printable format
• Create a 3D Model file to be imported into a modern CNC machine
3D CAD Models and 2D Drawings from existing Paper Drawings
What is Paper to CAD?
Paper to CAD is the procedure converting Paper Drawings (physical or scanned) into 3D CAD models and/or 2D Drawings.
Companies often have libraries of drawings or individual parts which where created prior to CAD (or 3D CAD) and only have the paper drawings on file.
What Paper to CAD Conversion Service do we offer?
• Using the information on paper and create new 3D CAD models using Software such as Solidworks
• From the 3D CAD model create fully dimensioned 2D CAD Drawings
• Using the information on paper create new 2D CAD Drawings in PDF, DWG/DXF format
What is CAD Conversion?
CAD Conversion is a term used for converting existing Drawings information into CAD (Computer Aided Design).
This can be required due to:
• Upgrading the CAD System (2D to 3D CAD Conversion)
• Installing a CAD System (Paper to CAD)
What CAD Conversion Services do Quattro Design offer?
We offer the main CAD Conversion types:
• Paper to CAD: Using Paper Drawings to create new CAD Models/Drawings
• 2D to 3D: Converting AutoCad drawings into 3D CAD Software packages such as Inventor or Solidworks